Friday 21 December 2012

Waste of Time at CAHMS

After my visit to CAMHS with my son, I was invited back with my husband for some sessions on how to manage my son's anger and anxiety. I was hoping that she would teach us some useful techniques on managing meltdowns.

We were led into a room and for a whole hour we chatted. My husband actually fell asleep twice.

The psychologist did not actually give us any advice at all and most of the subjects we covered were the same ones we covered on the previous visit.

She did suggest we send our son to martial arts classes, but I didn't fancy the idea. It just means he would do even more damage when he lashes out! I don't want him leaping round the living room doing Kung Fu on all of us!

I felt like I wasted a whole hour of my life that I can't get back. She asked me if I needed another session and I politely declined.

I'm done with CAMHS and hope I won't be requiring their services again.

No comments:

Post a Comment