Friday 8 June 2012

Swimming Trip

I got a nice break today, which was just as well because we are packing up lots of boxes ready for our house move.

My little boy went on a trip with Action For Children to the local leisure centre for an hour and a half of swimming followed by a bouncy castle session and magician.

When my son went in the centre, he was very shy and quiet. It takes him a while before he relaxes and feels comfortable, but once he does, there is no stopping him!

They had assigned a lovely man to look after my son and another boy of a similar age. I liked the fact that there was a high ratio of staff to children.

My son absolutely loved the session and was very animated and chatty when we fetched him. The staff all commented on how talkative he had become.

I think sessions like this are wonderful for kids with poor social skills, as it encourages them to share new experiences and make friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment