Thursday 7 June 2012

Lying and Dishonesty

One good thing about having a child with autism is that you know they will always tell you the truth.

My little boy has absolutely no concept of lying or dishonesty.

It does not occur to him that someone may not be telling the truth. He always takes everything that is said at face value.

Now this can be quite humorous If I am exaggerating something for comedic effect and he hears what I say and takes it literally.

However, I also find it sad in some ways. If I try to explain to him that someone is not telling the truth, he gets really upset and just can't cope with it. Unfortunately, in this world, there are far more dishonest individuals than honest ones and I worry that people may take advantage of his trusting nature.

As sad as it seems, I need to educate my boy that not everyone is as honest as he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment