Thursday 13 September 2012

Getting Dressed at School

A while ago, I expressed my concern about the new school uniform rules, in particular, the shirt that my son would have to wear. He has poor fine motor skills and is unable to fasten and unfasten buttons.

I had told his new teacher that he would need help getting changed.

They had P.E. for the first time today. Unfortunately, they had a supply teacher who did not know my son had problems getting dressed. She left him alone in the class to change and he got really upset. At home time, I came to collect him and he came out with his shirt unbuttoned and his jumper twisted around one arm. His tie and P.E. bag were missing.

I managed to get him dressed but was appalled that the school had left him in this state.

I have written a detailed letter about this to the school explaining that I do not want this to happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment