Friday 14 September 2012

Getting Dressed at School Part 2

Today, the teacher ran to meet me looking quite agitated. She had heard from another member of staff about what happened yesterday and assured me it would not happen again. I produced a letter I had written detailing the events that took place and asked her to pass it on to the SENCO and headteacher.

At home time I ran into the SENCO and asked her if she had seen the letter. She had not, and was not aware of what had happened yesterday, so I filled her in. I am a little worried that my letter may have been "lost", but was savvy enough to keep a copy on my computer. On my way out of the gate, I bumped into another mom of an autistic child who informed me that she was upset too because today her child had managed to escape from the classroom unnoticed.

My feelings towards the school are none too positive at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment