Monday 30 July 2018

Worry Eater Toy

As in my previous post, I want to point out that this is a product that I bought with my own money and this post is not sponsored in any way. I'm just reviewing a toy that might help some of you out there with anxious kids.

My son has been having problems with ruminating (playing the same thoughts on a loop in his head) and general anxieties. He finds that it does help to write his feelings down, as the physical act of writing forces him to slow down and think deeply, which has a calming effect.

I was shopping online and saw these toys and thought they were a great idea to take that concept a little further. The toys are called Worry Eaters and are little plush characters with a zip mouth.

The idea is that the child (or teen or even adult!) can write down their worries, bad thoughts or nightmares on a piece of paper and then zip it inside the toy, who then "eats" the worry and makes it disappear.

The toys come in all different sizes or even key rings. Ours is called Enno. There are lots of colours and styles to choose from and they are nice and soft and sensory. The zip has large plastic teeth so is not likely to get caught.

The design is simple enough that something similar could probably be made at home quite easily, or adapted to suit a particular need.

Anyway, I'm going to see how things go with our Worry Eater and report back in a few weeks so watch this space...





No comments:

Post a Comment