Tuesday 10 July 2018

Restarting the Blog After a Long Break

I always loved writing this blog but in 2016 I decided to close it down and stop writing.

I had a couple of reasons for doing this that felt important to me at the time.

Firstly, I felt that my son deserved his dignity and privacy. When parents write blogs about their children, the kids don't really have much say in what is being put out over the internet for all to see, and that doesn't really seem fair.

Secondly, I had been "told off" by a fellow blogger, an autistic lady, who told me that as I am not autistic myself, I'm no expert on autism.

So...I've made a few changes. I've gone back and updated some of the previous posts and deleted things that I felt were too personal. I'm making the focus of the blog more about PARENTING autism rather than being about my child specifically. I've kept a few of the old diary entries because they really sum up how I felt about things at a particular point in time and I think that it may resonate with some readers.

Hope you enjoy the new improved blog, and if you have any suggestions for topics, please feel free to leave a message!


No comments:

Post a Comment