Thursday 13 June 2013

Friends at School

Up until recently, my son was a loner and spent playtimes wandering around by himself. I was so concerned that I asked the Senco for help and she helped to set up a "buddy" system at school.

He is now interacting with the other kids really well. I mean REALLY well. He has become Mr popular all of a sudden.

Part of his meteoric rise in popularity is his love of Playstation games. he is obsessed with Skylanders and all the kids like to talk about it at school. Of course, my son is the expert, so now everyone want him to come over and bring his skylanders to their houses.

Now I have a new problem. The idea of him going to the other kids' houses.

On the one hand, I think it would be great. it would help his social skills no end.

On the other hand, I am going to have to explain to the other moms that his behaviour can be a bit unpredictable, he is prone to meltdowns and gets very anxious. Oh, and he is a very fussy eater.

Of course, there is the chance that the other moms will refuse completely and won't want the hassle. I suppose I always have the option of letting their kids come to my house instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment