Tuesday 12 February 2013

Still Filling in the DLA Form....

Oh my days! This DLA form is long.

And pointless.

Here are some examples of the nutty questions they ask. Try these:

"Count the steps you take to see how far you have walked. If they walk 10 of your steps they have walked about 90 metres. Check the time when you start and stop and see how long it takes."

Daft.

"Tell us how often they need help each day and how long it takes each time".

Then there is a list of boxes to fill in how long each activity takes. The first box is "wake up". How long does it take your child to wake up? It depends how loud I shout from the bottom of the stairs!

The whole form is a hoop-jumping exercise designed to frustrate parents into mental exhaustion and giving up.

It has taken me a couple of weeks and I'm still not finished. I have a whole pile of doctor's reports to photocopy....

Let's hope it is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Just filled mine in.... Argh what a struggle.

    ReplyDelete