Wednesday 25 January 2012

Finding My Way Through The Fog.

Now we have our diagnosis, I am overwhelmed with all of the information out there.

It is really hard to know where to start.

I called Autism West Midlands and the lady was really helpful. She pointed me in the right direction and gave me some practical advice how to inform teachers at the school about Asperger Syndrome and also gave me some ideas about good books to buy on the subject.

The doctor who diagnosed my son sent me a big folder full of information and agencies that deal with autism, so I will probably be contacting a few of them over the next few weeks.

Learning about the resources that are available, as well as your rights and entitlements can seem like finding your way in a thick fog. I am lucky to have a good support network of family and friends. Hopefully, the school will be supportive too and I can work with them to ensure that my son has an enjoyable and fulfilling childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment