Monday 21 May 2012

Merlin's Magic Wand

There are so many wonderful resources out there for parents with disabled children.

My friend, who has a child with ADHD, told me about a website called Merlin's Magic Wand, which provides tickets for days out for some of the major attractions in the UK and other countries.

Merlin Entertainment runs many big attractions including Alton Towers, Sealife centres, Legoland and Warwick Castle.

Parents and carers of disabled children can apply for tickets via the website and fill in a short online form explining why the child would benefit from a day out. The charity provides tickets for all of the family, not just the child, so brothers and sisters can join them on the trip too.

I filled the form in, but had to wait a couple of months for a reply, as the charity is so popular. They agreed to supply me with 5 Alton Towers tickets, as long as I supplied them with document proof of my son's disability. It was a simple case of scanning his diagnosis letter from the doctor and emailing it to the charity. I then received another email letting me know that the tickets will be sent to me in the next few weeks.

I think that this charity is a great idea and will bring a lot of joy to disabled kids and their families. I am really excited about our trip to Alton Towers. I know my little boy will love it.

Thank you Merlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment